Breathe Easy Cottage rental pricing
You’ll be amazed at how little you are paying when you calculate the per person cost of staying at this luxuriantly beautiful, serene and private natural haven. What price heaven? Very affordable!
- Base weekly rates: June-July Can$2600, August $2800 (includes up to 12 adults, $150 per person above this), rest of year $3500
- Standard 2-night weekends start at $1600 (includes up to 15 adults), an extra night add $400.
- Most holiday long weekends, 3-nights, start at $2500 with the summer ones from $3100.
- New Year’s rate from $3500 for up to 12 persons, overs are extra.
- For other time periods, special occasions or extended stays, please contact us.
- Rental fee includes up to 12-20 adults (extra for overs); teens are counted as "half-adults" and children under 13 stay free.
- We use a complex formula to determine fees based on group type, size, number of kids and their ages, stay length and time of year in order to most fairly match price to use. Certain periods each yearwill have discounted rates (often June or September).
- For large extended families, smaller groups or one-night stays, we are flexible on pricing when possible.
- For all quoted prices above, 13% HST tax is extra.
Note: until a booking is confirmed with payment in full, rates are subject to change without notice.
During most times of the year we will try to accommodate your needs for weekend or even single-day stays. Our minimum fee for a one-day or night stay is $1000. During the summer we usually rent full weeks but can also do 2- and 3-night weekends. The price starts at the weekly rate but we will allow a larger group for this. If this price is above your budget, we may be able to find a matching midweek rental to allow us to discount further.
Arrival and departure times
Summer full weeks run from Friday to Friday, with arrival after 5pm and checkout by 11am. Please respect and adhere strictly to these times in summer. If we have a weekend-only rental or vacancy before yours we will advise you and offer an earlier arrival time. For most other times of the year and on weekends, we are flexible on arrival or departure times.
Payment is normally in Canadian dollars but can be made in U.S. dollars by special request. We will accept a personal cheque, wire transfer or credit card (see below). Payments within Canada may also be done by email transfer (fast and simple, only requires you are signed up for online banking) or at no charge by direct deposit (ask for details). Personal cheques, drafts or money orders from outside Canada will only be accepted with four months or longer time before an arrival date. All bank and transaction fees are your responsibility and will be added to the total booking cost.
Credit cards: We can only accept credit cards via Paypal and at least four months before the arrival date. It is easy and you do not need to have a Paypal account yourself to send money. However, please note that this service incurs a 3% transaction fee surcharge to your total booking cost. To make an online payment, just click the Paypal button at the bottom of this page. The Paypal-credit card option was intended mainly for guests from outside of Canada.
Deposit to reserve
Your dates will be held on reserve when we receive a minimum deposit of $600 outside of summer and $1000 for summer bookings or holiday weekends. The refundable security/damage deposit is usually $600. For larger groups, high-demand periods and New Year's the security deposit may be $1000 or higher. Security deposits must be paid in advance; we do not hold cheques or creditcards unless booking is with a corporation via purchase order. Payment of the full amount due, including the security deposit and hst, is required in advance, preferably three months for summer dates or key holidays and two months for other dates (flexible if situation warrants).
Once a payment has been received, we will contact you by email to confirm receipt of funds and your booking dates, and send you a file with more information including directions to the cottage. Your booking will be confirmed and guaranteed once we receive the full rental fee plus the damage deposit.
Return of security deposit
If you have complied with our Rental Agreement, we do not hold back any part of the security deposit for minor breakage, normal wear and tear, or normal cleaning. It is your responsibility to advise us of any and all damage or broken items as soon as they occur. Major damage is assessed and deducted from the deposit (rare). If there is extensive cleaning required, we will deduct a nominal fee (usually $100) for this service. In all but a very few cases, the full deposit has been returned within two weeks of a departure.
What we provide here
- All bedding, linens, towels.
- Full use of house, all appliances and utensils, dishes etc.
- Firewood for the fireplace or firepit, propane for BBQs.
- Our resident stock of herbs, spices and condiments to supplement your cooking needs.
- Our water (well or softened or RO) is clean and fine for drinking.
- In winter, we arrange to have the driveway plowed regularly as needed.
Note: Any locked rooms or doors on the property are considered to be out-of-bounds. Our small caravan trailer is also off limits unless we have given you explicit permission to use it.
What you should bring
- Anything you plan to use up: food, snacks, drinks, toilet paper and soaps, paper towels, etc.
- Personal items: shampoo, toothpaste, swimwear, sunscreen, insect repellant, etc.
- Detailed directions and maps to ensure you can locate our place.
Cancellations and refunds
In the event you are forced to cancel your plans and booking, our policy is to give you back as much of your payments as possible. If we are able to rerent your time slot at our usual rate, we will return most of your deposit, holding back only a small ($100-$200) administration fee. The full fee is returned if you cancel more than 4 months before arrival AND we have not had to turn down any serious enquiries on your time slot.
Information required by us
We require complete home and work address and telephone information for the person acting on behalf of the group. For large groups we may request this for a second person as well. We will also need a phone number for an emergency contact or next-of-kin. At some point before the rental date, we may require a list of full names/numbers for everyone arriving (with ages when requested). This information is kept confidential and is only gathered for temporary reference purposes.
Note to younger groups: If everyone is under 25 and anyone is under 19 years old, we require at least one responsible adult over 25 to be present at all times before we will allow the booking.
- Rental date is held upon receipt of the initial deposit.
- Booking is guaranteed once we receive payment in full.
- We provide “right of first refusal” whenever we can where several enquiries exist for the same dates.
- There is ABSOLUTELY NO SMOKING anywhere inside our place. Please respect this rule as we offer a non-smoking, allergy-free place for other guests. If smoking evidence is found, we will deduct a sizeable portion from your security deposit for extra cleaning.
- Pets are welcome if well-behaved; please indicate the details in advance/
- Guests are welcome but please advise us in advance.
- No drugs, wild parties or irresponsible behaviour is tolerated on our property.
- No guns, firearms or other weapons, including Paintball are permitted anywhere on our property. ATVs, snowmobiles, etc. cannot be used on our land. Fireworks are not allowed without our prior approval.
- There are no other fees or hidden costs beyond the quoted rental fee and HST tax
- In most cases, someone (often us) will greet you on arrival to give you “the tour”.
Note: Please review our Terms and Conditions for further details. Placing a booking with us implies that you have read and accept these Terms and will abide by them.
Call or drop us an email if you have questions and we'll do our best to accommodate your rental needs.